San Miguel de Allende is one of the most popular visiting sites located in Mexico. There are lots of interesting g things to do and too many amazing places to visit. One can enjoy the sights, walk along the cobblestone streets, admire the stunning architecture, and much more. This is the place where artists and ex-pats can be found sculpting colonial architecture. The city was declared the second-best city in the 2020 World’s Best Awards. It is one of the topmost vacation and retirement destinations for Americans. Those planning to make a visit to the city read the complete post. Here are some of the best San Miguel Mexico vacations:
- Cañada de La Virgen – Not much away from the town, there is a massive nature preserve of Cañada de La Virgen. The place is mainly popular due to the archeological pyramids. The zone was opened to the public in February 2011. Over thousands of years, its builders and ancestors acquired it as a true testament to mathematical and architectural genius.
- Parroquia de San Miguel Arcángel – This is a towering parish church overlooking El Jardin from the southern side of the plaza. The attractive design of the church is the main attraction where one can spend extra time gazing at the castle-like structure. There are many visitors who often use this place as a point of reference when navigating the city’s winding streets. One can enjoy its changing view throughout the day from the moving sun. Just stare at the soaring pink spires rising up from the church’s pink neo-Gothic facade.
- Mask Museum: The Mask Museum of San Miguel de Allende is a place where one can get a unique glimpse of the traditional culture of colonial Mexico. There are more than 500 Mexican ceremonial masks collected by the owner Bill LeVasseur. All the masks were used in different rituals, dances, and parades all over the country. One can also get high-quality hand-woven rugs and runners here. This area provides a diversity of the Mexican people and their cultures.
- Fábrica La Aurora: Art lovers should definitely visit this place as they will be satisfied with the diverse art collections. This place should be there on the list of San Miguel, Mexico vacations. Just take a short walk from El Jardin. The complex is peppered with furniture, jewelry, and several other contemporary art stores. Some artists also offer classes in watercolor, painting, and sculpture. One can also enjoy delicious food at Fábrica La Aurora’s restaurants like the Food Factory or Café de la Aurora.
- Iglesia de la Inmaculada Concepción: The Church of the Immaculate Conception is another interesting place to visit in San Miguel. It continues to serve as a convent for the sisters of the order of the Immaculate Conception Church. This place should be there in the list of visiting San Miguel. There are much more things to discuss in San Miguel, Mexico vacations.
Other things to do in San Miguel
Apart from visiting the places and sites, there are several other exciting things to do. San Miguel de Allende is a place where too many fabulous and artsy hotels can be found. Most of them have marvelous courtyards that are perfect for taking photos. One of the best outdoor activities to do here is to go horseback riding and explore the countryside. Another unusual thing that one can do is try the local popular snack, fried grasshoppers.
The city has blossomed as a gastronomic hub due to its arrival destination restaurants. So these were the main things that have helped to make the Mexican colonial city into a thriving, and cultural community. Those who are planning to make a short trip for a few days away from the crowd of the city can definitely consider the San Miguel, Mexico vacations. The orange, rust, and pink-colored buildings do not fail to amaze their visitors. While visiting forget not to taste the popular Mexican dishes like that can be found in all the Mexican restaurants. One can take advice from a guide to explore new sites and explore several other new things in the city.